Apr 23, 2009

Beautiful Beat - Nada Surf

The only reason I think why people are afraid of being alone is because when they are alone, they start to doubt themselves. They start to wonder if they can go thru it alone, if they can handle it all alone. If they'll fall apart if left to handle things alone. Maybe thats why people stick in rships they know they should get out of, completely denying the fact that they are unhappy and could do much better alone if they had just trusted themselves enough. They lie to themselves and in the end, they get hurt the most and gain nothing out of it. I've been down that road one too many times, so i know exactly how that is and I'm glad i came out of that and experience what its like to be happy being alone, and to trust myself at it. It took me probably a quarter of my life to realize that but i guess its better late then never. The road i was taking seemed to be narrower and narrower, not gaining anything, and reaching the end of the road with nothing. I'd rather take a road that could be wider and wider, and at the end who knows? Someone might just be there waiting for me. The hardest thing i learnt from my past is that, I'd rather be alone then be next to someone and feel lonely. It takes a whole lot more to accept who you are as a person, and come out of that comfort zone. Cos after all, who knows yourself better then you?

If you're really honest with what you want out of life, life gives it to you.

No comments: