Sep 21, 2009

Our Love

It was a time of doubt and fear.
A time where I thought sadness was always near.
A time when I knew that happiness wasn’t mine.
As much as I wanted, happiness I could not find.

I believed for so long that loneliness and misery,
Was for no one else but me.
I believed that I wasn’t a person enough to be,
I thought I didn’t deserve to be happy.

Those nights that I cradled myself to sleep,
Not believing in the world as I weep,
I cried silently asking God,
Why it was me He had forgot.

I became obsessive about being wanted,
That I took myself and others for granted.
I thought that being misery was part of the game,
Life was nothing but hurt and pain.

I didn’t think that for once I knew,
What I wanted or what was due.
I just walked every day, lost.
Desperate to the very last cost

The people I met,
All felt like puppets,
Not leading me or showing me
But instead forcing strings on me.

When they came and life was still,
I always felt finally it’s my will.
But they always turn their backs on me.
And left me there to bleed.

I had every ounce to give it all up.
To focus on being single and unloved,
To pretend that life isn’t right,
That life was just a crooked curve.

When I first met you, I was wary.
Because the world made things blurry.
I asked for nothing and expected nothing.
But it was the start of something.

I looked at you with hopelessness,
But somehow u brought me out of my darkness.
When you spoke words to me that made me feel,
I can be me again, this is real.

You gave me light touches and simple gestures
We laughed and joked and until it matches.
Suddenly I felt like this was the beginning,
Of something so dear and everlasting.

Still, I did not trust the feeling,
Because what I felt for so long was nothing endearing
I thought I was delusional and naive.
Why would I deserve this gift?

Days went by and I got more scared.
But somehow you always still cared.
You had no qualms about the way you felt.
My bitterness started to melt.

Tough as it was when it first started,
But then now, we have lasted.
Every day I see something new,
Every day all I want is you.

When u speak words of wisdom and courage,
I know that I can depend on you for my baggage.
I know that even though when I ain’t pretty,
You’d still hold my hand and kiss me silly.

You brought me out of my dark place.
Together with God, you made me feel me again.
No matter what the case,
I know that loving u is nothing of a game.

You showered me with love so strong and pure.
You took me in, and from far you adored.
You overlooked my past and mistakes,
You never asked to be in 2nd place.

You gave your heart to me and I took it in,
And now I know I have you within.
As God continues to show us true love,
I wasn’t forgotten about after all, from above.

You and I share something so special,
Something so unique it’s incredible.
When darkness descends I am no longer alone,
Hardships is inevitable but intentional hurt is gone.

Thank you for being you, for loving me.
For showing the way of hope and peace.
For giving me faith once again.
That love is patient to those who sustain.

Now the world is a place for me.
No longer hiding, need no longer flee.
With you by my side,
Everything bad will subside.

As we move on into a shared path,
Let’s share more jokes and laughs
Let’s cry and hold each other tight
Let’s not give up even when we fight

Love is patient and kind,
Love is truthful I find
And when you know this is it,
Nothing else will fit.
And you have found the one.

No comments: