Jul 14, 2009

Love Story - Taylor Swift

sometimes, it is really true that we can find love in the most unexpected places. and sometimes for others, its also easier to think the worse of someone, to pretend that the person was wrong, so that it makes it easier to move on. but when u know u deserve to be happy no matter what, when u give urself that much respect and credit for everything that you are as a person, you wont stand for second place, and neither will you go on, knowing that you deserve so much more. it doesnt take a 4,5 yr endless fighting relationship to make u realise, in fact it should take at least a year or two for u to know if this is something worth fighting for, and when u step ur foot down and realise that you are the master of your life and destiny, no one can take that away from you. people will chide u, will make u feel small, guilty, but at the end of the day, you only have yourself and God to answer to. what other people think does not matter at all, cos people who cant accept their wrong, will always find something that is wrong with the entire world and everyone else, and never ever look at themselves. some people are just too self-centered, too self-obsessed and in that context, nothing and noone will ever be good enough for them.

when i decided to let go, and go for something that i never planned for, it turned out to be probably one of the best decisions in my life. no one might understand ur actions, but if you know in your heart that its right and true, no one can take that away from you. people can talk, but if you want to leave by other people's perceptions all the time, we are not living at all. sometimes, in order to have everything, we first have to lose everything. and when you least expect it, that can be one of the best thing that can ever happen to you.

its only been close to 3 weeks, but i've never felt so much happier, and myself. in a long time, i had suppressed everything abt me, just believing so much that if i could just be someone else, someone that im not, people will like me more. but the fact is, its a waste of the person i am, to want to be someone else.

we only have one shot of life. only us, as humans, can do so much. if we live our lives based on what others want or needs us to be, we arent living at all. i only need the most impt ppl to me. and letting go of what isnt meant to be mine, made me realise how much i appreciate myself more, and how much, love is still out there for me.

as for now, being with someone who makes me laugh, who makes me feel appreciated, who supports me, trusts me, is my companion and friend, someone who does not make me feel second place or small, someone who makes me feel needed, someone who isnt contradicting, someone who doesnt manipulate me, someone who cares abt me, someone who gives me what i deserve. thats all a girl should ask for. nothing less.

No comments: